Conference welcomes the decision of the 2015 National ALP Conference to commit the next Labor Government to moving to recognise the state of Palestine.
In view of:
- the continued expansion of Israeli settlements on the West Bank;
- the continued demolition of Palestinian homes and villages;
- the continued oppression of Palestinian residents of the West Bank;
- violence directed at Palestinians by Israeli settlers;
- recognition of Palestine by 135 of 193 nation states; and
- the Obama Administration’s conclusion that Israel has deliberately obstructed negotiations toward a two state solution
- the next Federal Labor Government will immediately recognise the state of Palestine.